2020 Annual General Meeting
In association with the Clinician Investigator Trainee Association of Canada (CITAC), we are pleased to announce that the 2020 CSCI-CITAC Annual Scientific Meeting will take place virtually on November 12-13, 2020. Visit link for the agenda: 2020_CSCI-CITAC Program. Connect with your colleagues for an unmatched educational experience featuring sessions from leading clinical investigation experts. The Canadian Society for Clinical Investigation (CSCI) Annual Meeting is your gateway for connecting with the leaders of today and tomorrow in the clinical investigation world. The meeting provides limitless opportunities for professional development, networking, and access to the latest research and clinical applications.
2020 ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
We would like to cordially invite all MD/PhD and CIP Trainees to submit an abstract for the 2020 CITAC & CSCI Annual General Meeting (hosted online, November 12-13th, 2020). Registration for the event will open in mid-September.
Instructions for abstract preparation and submission:
When submitting your abstract, please ensure your abstract is formatted appropriately, and follow points 1-7 below. The abstract can be either structured or unstructured. Contact us at email@example.com with any questions. Please use the following abstract template:
Cancer stem cell niches in the gut.
Hans H Wall1, Barbara C Wang2 and Wei Ling2.
1Department of Pathology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
2Division of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
(You may use the structured headings below, or submit an unstructured abstract without these headings)
Background/Purpose: Abstract text …
Methods: Abstract text …
Results: Abstract text …
Conclusion: Abstract text …
Important things to note:
*ALL submitted abstracts that are deemed appropriate for presentation at the CITAC/CSCI’s joint meeting will be accepted for presentation as a poster. A select few of these will be selected for oral presentation.
- Please submit your abstract by September 8th, 2020,11:59 p.m (EST). Please submit your abstract using the following link: https://www.citac-accfc.org/index.php
- Abstracts should be no more than 250 words. *abstracts in excess of 250 words may not be considered for oral presentation*
- Use Times New Roman font, 12 pt.
- Please do not include any figures or tables.
- Use a concise title in bold. Capitalize the first word.
- List name, initials and institution of each author.
- Underline the presenter’s (your) name.
- Use superscripts for all affiliation numbers.
- You are welcome to separate text into structured abstract headings: Background/Purpose, Methods, Results, Conclusions
- By submitting an abstract to the Young Investigators’ Forum (YIF) and selecting “Publish abstract?=YES”, you are consenting to publication of a summary of your abstract in Clinical and Investigative Medicine (CIM). The abstract text will not appear on PubMed. If you do not want your abstract summary to be included in the YIF, select “Published abstract=No”.
- Limit submissions to one abstract per person. Submissions will be forwarded to the CSCI abstract adjudication committee.
5. Classify your research in three different categories on the registration form.
6. Indicate whether you are interested in being considered for an oral presentation (N/A for late abstracts).
7. All abstracts submitted will be eligible for participating in the poster competition and select, top-ranking abstracts will be selected for oral presentation.